Tynemouth's premier chiropractic care facility
What is Chiropractic?
Chiropractic is a health care discipline, which emphasizes the inherent ability of the body to heal itself without the use of drugs or surgery.
Chiropractors focus on the relationship between structure (primarily the spine) and function (as coordinated by the nervous system) and how that relationship affects the presentation and restoration of health. In addition, Doctors of Chiropractic recognise the value and responsibility of working in cooperation with other health care practitioners when in the best interests of the client.
In the last hundred or so years our knowledge about how the body works and our ideas of health and health care have grown but the practice of chiropractic has changed very little. Keep the body aligned, and it can regulate itself without external input.
Chiropractic made simple
What we know about the body is this:
• The nervous system controls the body and all its functions as well as how it sees and interacts with the world around us.
• The nervous system is housed and protected partly by the spine, which also supports the body’s weight and movement, and the skull or cranium.
• Stressors such as physical, chemical or emotional challenges change how the body adapts and works by changing the way we move. Movement changes in the spine in particular seem to feed poor information to the brain so that it has a reduced ability to work and adapt.
• Chiropractors focus on improving movement of the body’s joints, particularly those of the spine, which may help the body heal and function better.
• Chiropractors don’t treat or cure, we help you work more efficiently and teach you how to keep it that way.
Chiropractors work in different ways. Some will address only the bit that hurts. Some will address the spine only, and some will address your body as a whole. There are also different techniques used to adjust the spine and rebalance the body. None are better or worse, the trick is to find the person and the methods that suit you and your health goals.
If your body is a car that has to carry you through your life you have the choice of attending to it only when it breaks down or lovingly feeding it the right fuel and looking after the mechanics so you have a beautifully running machine. Chiropractors are your body mechanics and electricians.
Chiropractic care helps to restore balance to your body, allowing your spine and nervous system to heal itself without the use of drugs or surgery.